Thursday, August 14, 2008

Another try

MORNING
Well, we tried cereal again this morning. I put the cereal in his mouth, and he has no idea what to do with it. He'll figure it out eventually. I'm going to keep going for a few more days and see if it gets better. If he's still clueless and crying, I'm going to call the doctor and ask if giving him a break for a few weeks would help. We'll see.

He also had a fever this morning. I gave him some Tylenol and he was better after a little while. I really think that he'll have a more positive reaction to the food when he's not so tired and sore.

EVENING
I gave Isaac more cereal this evening. He started out really well. He didn't cry and even closed his mouth and swallowed some of it. We went really slow. I just gave him a very little bit at a time and he didn't seem to mind. After a little while though, he started getting frustrated and cried. We took a break and I changed his diaper. Then we went back for some more cereal. He took a couple of bites very well and then cried again. It gives me hope that he did so well to start with. Maybe after a couple of days of doing this, he will get the hang of it and like eating solid foods.

No comments: