Monday, April 13, 2009

My Baby's Turning 1

This blog post might get a little mushy. I am feeling a little emotional this week. I'm getting ready for Isaac's First Birthday Party. I'm sure everyone out there who is a mom understands the way that I feel right now. But, it's my turn to feel it and I feel like I need to write it all down.

The top picture is from the day Isaac was born. He was looking around, fuzzily discovering this big world and seeing his mommy and daddy for the first time.

I did not know anything about this child. He was a mystery to me. I knew that he was the one that was keeping me up in the middle of the night and doing somersaults in my belly. I was overwhelmed and anxious about being a good mom. I knew that I loved him.

The bottom picture is from this weekend. It was Isaac's First Easter. He has become such an amazing child. It's like he understood when he was born that he was going to have to teach his mommy and daddy as much as they would teach him. He has a great sense of humor and curiosity. He likes to figure out how things work and push buttons to make things happen. He has a little bit of a temper when he doesn't get his way but recovers quickly and stays happy most of the time.

Isaac was named for Sir Isaac Newton. I didn't want to admit that because I honestly thought it was a little silly at first. But I loved the name Isaac and it didn't really matter where it came from. It also meant a lot to Peter. Isaac ended up being the best name and totally fitting. It means "laughing one" or "laughter". Anyone who has met Isaac knows how well that fits!

Like I said, I loved him on day one and I knew that it would only get stronger. I didn't realize just how strong. I can't imagine what the rest of our lives will bring.

1 comment:

Bird Nerd said...

A lovely post, Gina!!! Maybe you should use it for a scrapbook page??? I like the part about Isaac knowing he would have to teach you as much as you would teach him. :)